Welcome to the Customer-Led Network Revolution website. This website is owned and operated by Northern Powergrid (Northeast) Limited. Provided here are the terms and conditions that govern your use of our website. You agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that by using our site, you are deemed to be bound by them and accept those terms and conditions.
Northern Powergrid (Northeast) Limited, Northern Powergrid (Yorkshire) plc, and their associated or affiliated companies are all part of the global Berkshire Hathaway Energy group of companies. When you read these terms sometimes we refer to ourselves as ’us’ or ’we’. When we do this we refer to any of the companies in the Berkshire Hathaway Energy group. Where statements contain the name of a specific company that statement is only applicable to the company that is named.
Meaning of Certain Words
The following words have the following meanings: Data – any data, text, animation and graphic images contained on the pages of this website (including information contained in and/or ascertainable from the source code). You – the person browsing, using or connecting to the website.
This website contains materials, including text, photographs and other images and sound, that are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this material are (unless specifically stated to the contrary) either owned by us or have been licensed to us by the owner(s) of those rights so that we can use this material as part of our website. This website also contains trade marks. All our corporate, brand and product names and/or logos appearing on the pages of this website are trade marks of their respective registered proprietor and may only be used under licence from that proprietor or in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- access any part of the website;
- copy or download data to a local hard disk and print any page or any part of a page from the website for your own personal non-commercial use only; and
- make copies of this website or any part of it in RAM or other temporary storage facility or device solely for the purpose of browsing the data contained on this website.
You may not:
- (except as permitted above), use, adapt, modify, enhance, copy, duplicate, merge, embed and/or disassemble or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other) any or all of the Data on this website;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copies or printed off from this website; or
- link to this website except as permitted below.
This is not meant to be a full list of all those things you may not do with this website.
If you wish to provide a hyper-text link or other link to this website, you must first obtain our consent – please contact us by e-mail at the address at the bottom of this page, including the following details:
- the URL(s) of the page(s) you propose for links to this website; and
- the URL(s) of the page(s) you propose linking to this website.
This website may include links to external websites. This does not indicate any responsibility on our part for the external website concerned, even if it is a website owned and operated by another company within our group of companies.
THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: We have tried to ensure that all information we provide on this website is correct at the time of inclusion, we apologise if any errors have evaded our checks. Please note that all Data is subject to change at any time without notice. You use the information contained in this website at your own risk as we make no warranties, representations or undertakings:
- about any of the content of this website or of any other website referred to or accessed by hyper-text link through this website (including, without limitation, as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content);
- that the information is free of infection by computer virus, worms, Trojan horses or anything else capable of manifesting, or contaminating your system or which has destructive properties; and
We shall not be liable to any person for any false, misleading or inaccurate information contained on the pages of this website and we do not accept liability for any use of the information or reliance placed upon it. We do not endorse, warrant or approve the content of any other party’s website or any third party products or services by virtue of any information referred to or included on, or linked from or to the pages of this website. We will not have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, any liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any third party website infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity). Your statutory consumer rights under English law are not affected by these terms and conditions. Neither we nor any third party contributors provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Changing the terms and conditions/operation of the website
- We may change the format and content of this website at any time without notice;
- We may suspend the operation of the website for any reason whatsoever;
- We reserve the right to terminate access to this website at any time and without notice;
- We may change, amend or modify these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions displayed on this website at any time and without notice; and
In order to access some facilities on this site you may need to register with us. Access to such parts of the site will be gained by using the username and password selected by you during the registration process. You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and proper use of your username, password and account and for restricting access to your computer and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. In order to assist us with our security policy, you should not leave your computer terminal unattended while you are logged on to our website and should ensure that it is switched off each time you finish. You warrant to us that you will not use this website or any other facilities which are accessible through you user account with us for any unlawful purposes or in a way that is prohibited by these terms and conditions. We may immediately terminate your account and your ability to access this website if you breach any such terms and conditions or we believe we or our customers may incur liability for your actions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be found by any court or body of authority to be invalid or unenforceable this shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the terms and conditions which shall continue in effect.
All disputes relating to these conditions and/or the Data contained in this website shall be governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and shall be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.